Sunday 22 March 2009

Unit 2 - Visual Thinking

We've now been set brief No.2, Visual Thinking. For this unit we have to;
  • Gain greater financial support for Amnesty International by raising awareness of its work, and enouraging people to either donate or bequeath to the charity to support it.
  • Target an audience which will include people who rarely or never donate to charities currently, as well as people who already donate to various charities when they feel the need to do so, and prefer to donate by choice and not instruction.
  • To encourage more people, particularly the young, to become members of Amnesty International.
We have to achieve these aims through a 'transport media campaign', basically an Adshel bus stop poster, and the T side of a double decker bus. This unit is really inspiring to me as advertising is an area of graphic design which interests me. I guess this will be the best opportunity I'll get in university to find out what it would be like to work in the advertising industry.

Although I know Amnesty International is a human rights charity, I'm only aware of them because of the Secret Policeman's Ball. So far I have done some fairly broad research on Amnesty as a whole, what their history is, what they do as a charity, what campaigns they have used in the past. I'm finding it really interesting so far. I have also begun the word association task, which is more difficult than I anticipated, now I'm on to the sentence compiling part of the task.

Next I'm going to continue with the research plus begin a bit of ideas generation.

No comments: