Monday 23 March 2009

Red. White. Blue.

The Flashing is going pretty well so far, we've been doing a 3 hour session every Tuesday night, and hopefully I should come out with an ABC qualification in Adobe Flash by the end of it. I've already decided how I want some of my animation to look, and have begun storyboarding. I'm going to call my animation, 'Why We Shouldn't Waste.' These are the statistics I have found;
  • If somebody throws away a newspaper every day for a year, they will have wasted the equivalent of a 35 foot fir tree.
  • If someone throws away a coke can every day for a year, they will have wasted the equivalent of an aluminium wheelchair frame.
  • £10 billion worth of food is thrown away annually in the UK, including;
         - 5,500 whole chickens each day.
         - 440,000 ready meals each day.
         - 1.6 million yogurts each day.

The style of animation I want to create will be mainly typographic. Any visual elements will be created typographically, e.g. the dustbin will be made up of the word 'bin'. As the main statistic is based in the United Kingdom the colour scheme will be mainly red, white, and blue, and I may possibly use the Union Jack in it somewhere.

So far i'm concentrating mainly on the food statistic, as this can be broken down into a further three, and after storyboarding it I feel it may take as long as a minute to animate this section. As the animation has a maximum length of 90 seconds I may run over that if I animate the other two stats. I'm just going to crack on with the first section now, and see how that goes.

No comments: