Saturday 21 March 2009

Text and Image, done!!



<----------  Low quality reproductions 
of the key and front cover.

After much consideration I came up with a winner of an idea for my book resolution. I created some map-like imagery to use on the cover and contents page and used Quark to lay out my text and images, with a mainly black and white colour scheme and colour coded key consisting of a row of coloured semi-circles running down the outside edge of my book. Each section had a different colour relating to the contents page, and the corresponding semi-circle would be replaced by a splat mark throughout that section. I printed onto the back of each page a reverse image of the key to keep the pages flowing together. I bound my book with two thin strips of black card, using the japanese 6 hole binding technique we learnt in the bookbinding workshop.

I feel this unit turned out well in the end, though it definitely could have been better! I guess i'll just have to make sure I hit the ground running when we start the next unit.


No comments: